The EU-ASEAN Business Council is delighted to present the second EU-ASEAN Business Sentiment Survey, the annual barometer of European business confidence and outlook in the ASEAN region. Views from a wide range of companies and industries in all ten ASEAN markets are captured in our survey.
The final results are now out and the results may be found here.
Key findings include:
- 74% of respondents project an increase in ASEAN profits in 2016
- Almost two-thirds plan to expand their operations and headcount in ASEAN
- 85% plan to increase their level of trade and investment in the region
- 74% expect ASEAN’s importance to their global revenues to increase over the next five years
- 66% of believe that the EU should pursue a region-to-region FTA with ASEAN
- 58% feel that they are at a competitive disadvantage without an EU-ASEAN FTA