The Dutch Chamber of Commerce, Singapore (DutchCham) invites applications for the position of Executive Director.
DutchCham is a membership-based organisation composed of corporate members and the Dutch Professionals in Singapore.
DutchCham envisages merging with ADB (Association of Dutch Business People) as per January 1, 2018 into ADB-DutchCham.
The primary responsibilities of the Executive Director will be to build and maintain relationships with members, recruit new members and to coordinate and lead the work of the Committees.
The function of Executive Director is based on 4 days per week.
General duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for all daily operations and activities of the Chamber, in accordance with the Constitution, goals and policies of DutchCham ( in future ADB-DutchCham) and within the objectives set by the Management Board.
- Organizes and implements the (ADB-)DutchCham events and recruits sponsors and partners for these events
- Ensures the effective management of the activities and the achievements of the KPI’s in line with the Chamber’s goals and objectives within the budget
- Building strong and effective relationships with the Dutch and Singaporean business community in Singapore.
- Responsible for continuous annual growth in memberships, revenues, events, special projects and exposure for the organisation.
- Contributes to maintaining and building relations with members, recruits new members
- Leading the promotional and lobbying initiatives of the Chamber in line with members’ interests and priorities.
- Providing recommendations for the yearly budget and managing the resources within budget guidelines.
- Owning and managing (ADB-) DutchCham’s communication platforms and the organisation’s digital footprint: website and social media presence.
- Coordinates the publication of the yearly Directory, this includes editing, selling advertisement and aligning with the designer and the printer.
- Leads the creation of new Committees
The Executive Director will work under the direct supervision of the General Management Board. He/she will be responsible for hiring and supervising other executive staff members and interns who may be recruited to work in a supporting role.
- University degree in business administration, public policy, economics or a related field
- Minimum of a few years of relevant working experience is preferred,
- Goal driven with the ability to persuade individuals with decision making authority
- Excellent communication skills, including good negotiation and sales skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships with stakeholders and pro-active working attitude as well as the ability to quickly integrate into a small team and operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Good knowledge of Singapore and ASEAN is an asset
- Fluency in English and very good drafting skills. Dutch is an asset.
- Computer literacy (MS Office); IT skills for website and database management are an asset.
Please submit your CV, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 19, 2017 the latest (earlier applications are encouraged).
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
Please note that we will only be able to contact pre-selected candidates for interviews.