Both Singapore and Netherlands have a strong maritime history and aim to be the leaders in their region. To become a global maritime and offshore hub Singapore has been encouraging Dutch maritime and offshore companies to relocate their fleet and offices using various tax incentives. Over the years this has resulted in fruitful partnerships between Singaporean and Dutch companies in a fast growing maritime and offshore cluster with an ambition for innovation.
Via the Maritime Port Authority (MPA), the Singapore Maritime Institute (SMI) and Singapore Maritime Foundation (SMF) Singapore is investing in research and education to promote advanced technology and processes in sustainable transportation. Dutch companies have the opportunity to play an important role in this field.
- Provide a networking and information platform for companies active in this sector in Singapore (and SEA) and be a source of information for newcomers
- Facilitate interaction between Singaporean and Dutch entities (government, education institutes, research entities and businesses)
- Promote commercial interests and trade between the Netherlands and Singapore
- Dave Wisse
SMIT Singapore (Boskalis), Chair
- Maarten Jongen
Damen Shipyards Singapore
- Jaap Zwikker
Heerema Marine Contractors
- Elvin Sng
Year Plan 2017
- March: Visit to Dutch maritime & offshore companies in Singapore; experience the challenging working environment at a yard, warehouse or on board of a vessel. For: DutchCham members.
- June: Visit to Dutch maritime & offshore companies in Singapore; experience the challenging working environment at a yard, warehouse or on board of a vessel. For: Students from maritime institutes and colleges in Singapore and Malaysia.
- October: Education, knowledge sharing and scouting: Dutch maritime & offshore companies in Singapore will present at maritime institutes and colleges in Singapore and Malaysia. Opportunities for discussions on careers and internships. For: DutchCham members and students from maritime institutes and colleges in Singapore and Malaysia.
Resources and links
- Maritieme club “De Ruyter”
- PSA Singapore Terminals
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
- Singapore Maritime Institute
- Singapore Maritime Foundation
Dave Wisse: email@example.com
Mirjam Hansen: firstname.lastname@example.org