20 Apr 2017 : 6:45 pm - 10:00 pm
Entrepreneurs know that success of their business depends on employing the right talents in the countries they want their business to compete and grow. And they experience that there is no set recipe across Asia for leadership and talent. Each country and culture comes with its unique opportunities and challenges and may require a different approach in recruitment and HR strategy.
Our April event aims to provide insights into some of the cultural challenges and different strategies for setting up the HR function, and participants can expect to walk away with some valuable learnings from our high profile speakers with years of experience in HR and organizational design in the Asian region. Roundtable sessions will follow to facilitate group discussions in smaller settings. During the roundtable, operational challenges in recruitment and HR can also be addressed. The evening will end in line with our usual recipe: sponsored networking drinks!
Jan Anne Schelling, Vice President HR at DSM Asia & Regional Vice President HR at DSM Nutritional products for APAC
Jan Anne is a people oriented leader. His international career as site and general manager and currently as HR Executive brought him insight and experience in operations, business development and human resource. He leads real change by creating a working environment that promotes health, inclusion and diversity, individual initiative and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Jan Anne specializes in change management and talent development. He holds a Master of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering and started his career in operations, building a self-steering organization where continuous improvements and lean manufacturing were the basis for substantial people growth, cost savings and optimized business results. Furthermore, he successfully led Large Capital Projects both in Netherlands and China.
Frank Kuijsters, Director at Digne Consult for APAC
Frank is the Director of Digne Consult Asia Pacific. He has worked in the last 30 years for various international and national training and consultancy organizations. Besides his experience as a manager, he was a consultant for both profit and non-profit organizations on change management, career and executive coaching, and reintegration of job seekers. It is his motivation to give people insight into how they can take responsibility for their own future by focusing on their abilities and qualities. In recent years, Frank further expanded his training to the segments of skill, project management, business coaching, change management, cultural awareness and NLP. He studied in The Netherlands, France, Germany, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia.
18:45 – 19:15 Registration
19:15 – 19:25 Opening
19:25 – 19:50 Speaker 1: HR strategies, Innovation, and Talent recruitment across Asia – To succeed, you need to fail fast
19:50 – 20:15 Speaker 2: Create cultural awareness: prevent potential cultural clashes in the workplace and get a better understanding of the multi-cultural differences in APAC region
20:15 – 20:20 Break
20:20 – 21:10 Round table discussions in collaboration with Adecco
21:10 – 21:15 Introduction of event #7
21:15 – 22:00 Networking drinks
Please register via this link
- DutchCham/ADB members: 25 SGD
- Non-members: 35 SGD
Drinks and finger food will be served.
Startup & SME Academy
The goal of the Startup & SME Academy is to provide relevant content and peer-to-peer knowledge sharing for Dutch professionals that are part of the Startup and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) community in Singapore and for local stakeholders keen on working together with Dutch Startups and SME’s.
The Startup & SME Academy is meant for:
- Dutch founders, co-founders and employees of startups and SMEs in Singapore.
- In particular, our events are interesting for those who are currently in one of the following lifecycle stages: feasibility, market validation or growth.
- Dutch and Singaporean angel investors, seed investors and venture capitalists.
- Members of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Association of Dutch Businesspeople have priority over non-members.
- People who are considering either working for a startup or for a corporate are recommended to attend regular events organised by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Association of Dutch Business people.
- The Startup & SME Academy does not provide ticket fee (incl. Eventbrite costs) refunds.
- In case you send us a cancelation request no later than 7 days prior to an event, the Startup & SME Academy will offer you the possibility to attend the next event.
- In case you send us a cancelation request within 7 days prior to an event, no compensation is available.
- Should an event be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, the Startup & SME Academy will endeavour to process a full refund.
For questions please contact Mirjam Hansen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Startup & SME Academy website: www.ssa.sg
No shows will be billed. No tickets will be sold at the door.
Please note that pictures will be taken and could be used for publication.
20 Apr 2017 : 6:45 pm - 10:00 pm