The Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (DutchCham) invites applications for the position of Business & Committee Manager (3 days per week) and Project Manager (2 days per week until June 2018). Ideally, the part- time Business & Committee Manager will combine his/her role with the temporary Project Management role until June into a full-time role.
DutchCham merges with the Association of Dutch Business People (ADB) as of 1 January 2018 into ADB- DutchCham. DutchCham and ADB are membership-based organisations composed of corporate members and Dutch Professionals in Singapore.
In a nutshell
The Business & Committee Manager will be responsible for the seamless running of the eleven committees, and active recruitment of new ADB-DutchCham members. Primary responsibilities are: to support, coordinate and lead the work of the committees; to build and maintain good relationships with the committee chairs, members, and sponsors; to actively recruit new committee members; to plan for succession of committee members and chairs, and scout for potential chairs & committee members; to manage committee sponsors & suppliers; to organize committee meetings and events, report and follow up on the meetings; and to potentially supervise an intern who may be recruited to work in a supporting role. Since the team is small the Business & Committee Manager will be requested to provide other support where needed.
The function of Business & Committee Manager is based on 3 days per week.
General duties and responsibilities of the Business & Committee Manager:
- Supports the committee chairs in their role: provides administrative support, connects needs of committee members to trends, and creates opportunities for committee members to showcase their business;
- Actively recruits new (committee) members by connecting potential members to upcoming committee events, follows up new acquaintances by sending them an email or dropping them a line;
- Represents ADB-DutchCham (ADC) at committee meetings and events to support the chair with relevant information on ADC, and reports briefly upon committee meeting (takes minutes/creates action lists);
- Provides suggestions to the committees for (co)sponsored events;
- Leads and supports the creation of new committees;
- Ensures delivery of content (short articles and pictures) after each event to be included on our website, newsletters, magazines, and directory;
- Creates a communication plan and drives LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter promotion for committee events;
- Assists in preparing and hosting ADC events (the real hands-on stuff, such as making badges, bringing along banners to the venue, welcoming members at events, etc).
What will make you a Star?
- When you initiate the creation of events by recruiting sponsors and partners, simultaneously connect them to members with a particular interest, and make these events happen;
- When you identify new needs, and convert them into a new committee, have found an active chair and interested members;
- When members enjoy to participate in the committee meetings and events, recruit new members themselves and you convince potential members to become a member after attending a committee meeting or event.
The part-time function of Business & Committee Manager can be topped up with 2 days per month until June 2018 with the temporary role of “Project Event Manager” for our largest annual event, the Winsemius Awards which will take place 17 May 2018.
General duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager
Responsible and in charge of driving and coordinating the end-to-end award cycle:
- Pro-actively supports the responsible Board Member for the WA in her needs and efforts;
- Creates a detailed planning of all aspects, ensures planning is on track, reports weekly upon progress; o Pro-actively anticipates road blocks, escalates to concerned Board Member and/or Executive Director;
- Drives the online nomination application process;
- Drives the shortlisting of nominees in collaboration with concerned Board Members;
- Coordinates the selection of the expert Judges in consultation with concerned Board Members;
- Communicates with all companies that have submitted an application, Board Members and Judges;
- Coordinates all activities with the venue, professional event organiser and other suppliers, the executive team, and liaises with the guest(s) of honour;
- Drives content creation (videos, EDMs, program booklet etc), marketing and communication activities (social media campaign, advertisement), in collaboration with the Marketing Manager;
- Prepares and coordinates the sales of tickets, and works closely with the admin Officer;
- Is (deputy) head of operations during the awards gala dinner on 17 May;
- Ensures proper closure of the award cycle: create content for magazine, newsletter, website; special attention to main sponsors, partners and guest(s) of honour.
What will make you a Star?
When you manage the Winsemius Awards end-to-end with a smile, engage and connect key stakeholders and interested parties, and give them what they are searching for. The Business & Committee Manager and Project Manager will directly report to the Executive Director.
Key qualifications & requirements:
- BA or MA degree in business administration, public policy, hospitality, economics or related field;
- Minimum of a few years of work experience is preferred, event management would be an asset;
- Goal driven with the ability to persuade individuals to become a member;
- Excellent communication skills, including good negotiation and sales skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships with members;
- Pro-active, hands-on, mature and responsible working attitude;
- Flexibility to quickly integrate into a small team and operate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Good knowledge of Singapore and The Netherlands is an asset;
- Fluency in English and good drafting skills. Dutch is an asset;
- Social media and computer literate; IT skills for website and database management are an asset;
- Possesses a Dependants Pass, sole proprietor, or status of PR or citizenship.
Please submit your CV, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 November 2017 (earlier applications are encouraged).
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
Please note that we will only be able to contact pre-selected candidates for interviews.