The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) is pleased to announce that the 2015 edition of the Singapore International Maritime Awards (IMA) is now open for nominations. The IMA is organised by MPA and it serves to recognise individuals and companies for their outstanding contributions to Singapore’s development as a premier global hub port and international maritime centre.
All Dutch Maritime professionals are invited to nominate their company and/or other deserving candidates for the awards. The nomination form, with the assessment criteria, for IMA 2015 is attached in the email. Alternatively, you may download here.
The closing date for the submission of entries is 7 January 2015. Please use separate forms for each nomination when nominating more than one company, project or category.
The list of awards open for nomination is as follows:
- a. International Maritime Centre (IMC) Award (Individual and Corporate) Awarded to the individual or company that has contributed significantly towards the development of Singapore as an International Maritime Centre
- b. Excellence in Manpower Training and Development AwardAwarded to the company, organisation or institute of higher learning that has contributed to the development of maritime manpower in Singapore by demonstrating commitment towards the nurturing, grooming and training of people, or excellence in training
- c. Outstanding Maritime R&D and Technology AwardAwarded to the company or research institution in Singapore for outstanding innovation in the application or research and development of technology for the maritime industry
- d. SRS Ship Owner of the Year AwardAwarded to the outstanding owner of quality Singapore-registered ships
- e. Bunker Award Awarded to the outstanding bunker supplier or bunker tanker operator in Singapore that has demonstrated commitment to quality standards, quantity assurances and customer satisfaction
- f. Maritime Service Provider Award Awarded to the maritime service provider that has demonstrated exceptional professional performance and contribution to Singapore’s maritime industry
- g. Offshore & Marine Engineering Award
Awarded to the company that has contributed significantly towards the development of Singapore’s Offshore & Marine Engineering sector
The winner for each of the seven awards will be selected by a judging panel, to be chaired by the Chairman of MPA, the Chief Executive of MPA, as well as key industry representatives. Winners will be notified by the MPA and will receive their awards at the Singapore International Maritime Awards gala dinner to be held on 21 April 2015.
Please do not hesitate to contact MPA if you require any clarification.