7 Jun 2017 - 9 Jun 2017 : All Day
Exploring Asia’s last frontier market
The first regional trade mission aims to introduce Dutch companies, and knowledge institutions, who are already doing business in the ASEAN region to the opportunities and challenges that Myanmar has to offer. If you have already been keeping an eye out for the developments of Myanmar and are interested in exploring them, you are invited to participate in this first Regional Trade Mission to Myanmar organized by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in coordination with the Netherlands Embassy, Consulate-General and the Dutch Business Association in Vietnam.
Why join this mission to Myanmar?
- Myanmar’s strategic location between India en China and abundance of natural resources: lying between the two largest populated countries, an unexplored domestic market of more than 50 million people and easy access to the 625 million populated ASEAN market, Myanmar has been recognized having huge potential in creating business opportunities.
- Myanmar is opening up: significant political and economic reforms took place since 2012and made the country to be a fast developing tiger cub in the region of Asian Tigers with an expected economic growth of average 7.1% over the next three years.
- Trade volume have more than doubled in four years: due to trade liberalisation Myanmar moved up to 103rd place in 2015 (135th 2014, fastest rising country) in the Doing Business Survey.
- Asia’s final frontier for foreign investment (IMF): sectors like energy (small scale, oil, and gas), infrastructure, transport and logistics, water, agriculture, urban development and service providers provide ample opportunities for Dutch businesses.
Ongoing regionalisation As Myanmar is a member of ASEAN, BIMSTEC, SAARC, Greater Mekong Economic Region the ongoing regional integration could be a benefit to expanding your business in the region.
Through various activities and events you will be given opportunity to get a feel of the ease of doing business in Myanmar and explore if Myanmar can be your next frontier market. You can meet Dutch companies who have stepped into this adventure like Shell, De Heus, Heineken, Unilever, East West Seed, Control Union, Royal Haskoning DHV.
While Myanmar is unlocking it’s potential for business development, the Netherlands Embassy in Myanmar together with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency stand ready to assist you in exploring this new frontier market.
Participation is open to companies already doing business in ASEAN and preferably with a presence in ASEAN. Participation is limited to a maximum of 25 companies.
Participants need to cover their own airfare (international/domestic), accommodation and expenses for visits outside the program. Priority sectors have been defined for Myanmar including agriculture, water management, maritime services, transport & logistics, garment, healthcare, oil & gas, IT and communications, first moving consumer goods, etc.
For more registration and information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Wednesday 7 June
- Presentation by Embassy Economic Department
- Meeting with Department of Investment and Company Administration
- Visit to a Dutch Company
- Network Reception at Residence Ambassador
Thursday 8 June
- Meeting with EUROCHAM
- Meeting with Union of Myanmar Chamber of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI)
- Visit to Special Economic Zone Thilawa
- Cultural visit to Shwedagon Pagoda
- Dinner with Dutch Companies present in Myanmar
Friday 9 June
- Matchmaking event
- Wrap up session
- Free time for follow up meetings
More information and registration
Last date for registration is 2nd May 2017
Website Netherlands Embassy
Euro Chamber of Commerce
EU Myanmar Centre
Department for Investment and Company Administration, Ministry of Planning and Finance
Mainly focussing on companies active in Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore
7 Jun 2017 - 9 Jun 2017 : All Day