DutchCham (the Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Singapore) connects, informs and inspires professionals and companies in Singapore with a shared interest in Dutch business. Our members have access to our engaged and active community for both corporates and professionals to network and exchange knowledge with peers. We deliver member value through informative and inspiring activities and events, including relevant introductions, content, publications, trends, and insights to succeed in Singapore.
About the role
The Events & Activation Manager is part of the executive team (in total 4 team members) and reports to the Executive Director. He/she is responsible for the event planning and event execution of the chamber and managing our 8 active committees. This role is a part-time role for 4 days a week.
The primary responsibilities of the Events & Activation Manager are:
As Events & Activation Manager:
- Planning and organising inspirational and high-quality events that meet all members’ needs
- Creation of the yearly event calendar, in alignment with the board
- Pro-actively managing the event and location options available
- Supporting in the organising of our annual Winsemius Awards event
- Building sponsor/engagement relations to assure that the sum of all events is financially “neutral” together with the Executive Director and relevant members of the board
- Engage and manage DutchCham’s committees to be the main driver of events and content for the Chamber (together with the Executive Director)
As a member of the Executive Team/ overall:
- Being an active part of the community, connecting with members, and building strong relations with business partners, The Dutch Embassy, Singapore Government Authorities, and any other stakeholders who could be of any interest to the Dutch business community.
- Works effectively and openly with the Executive Team and the board to fulfil DutchCham’s mission, including its key enablers to be successful.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience and Poly/HBO degree
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- A creative and commercial thinker with a can-do mentality
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships with stakeholders
- Pro-active, hands-on working attitude and able to operate in a diverse environment
- Good general (business) knowledge of Singapore and ASEAN is an asset
- Fluent in (business) English, and good understanding of Dutch is an asset
Please get in contact with Petra Hemmes at firstname.lastname@example.org.