Founded in 1908, the Hollandse Club is one of Singapore’s most established social clubs: A truly international family club with members from over 45 different nationalities. Conveniently located off Adam Road in the peaceful green surroundings of Camden Park, the Hollandse Club’s relaxed atmosphere offers its members excellent sports facilities, various entertainment options, International and Asian dining, Banqueting and Catering services as well as 13 stylish club rooms.
The Personal Assistant/Office Manager (“PA”) role is one to further enhance the General Manager’s and Management Team’s capability to expand, develop and manage the Hollandse Club (Club) efficiently and effectively.
The PA must gain extensive knowledge of the Club, the General Manager, Management Team and other key persons and have a fundamental understanding of the Club’s aims and objectives. Complete discretion and confidentiality must be maintained at all times by the PA. The PA will be privy and have access to all the Club’s confidential matters such as the Main Committee set up, staff/management compensation packages and disciplinary items, legal & financial affairs, and many other matters. The PA will report to the General Manager.
Herein underlies some general work activities the PA is likely to get involved in. Specific responsibilities as PA will include, but are not limited to:
General Administrative duties:
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate and welcoming the Management Team’s guests;
- Liaising with members, tenants, suppliers, and other staff;
- Organizing and maintaining the Management Team’s diary and making appointments, and available time for staff to discuss issues, problems, operations and other matters on a daily/weekly basis;
- Word processing, dealing with correspondence, writing emails/letters and corporate documentations, taking dictation, typing minutes and meeting reports;
- Organizing and attending meetings, ensuring the General Manager and Management Team is well-prepared for meetings, preparing meeting agendas;
- Designing and producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organization of corporate & company entertainment, management meetings and events;
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, etc.;
- Overseeing office management ensuring the Club’s high standards are maintained;
- Oversee office procurement as per budget;
Business Administrative duties:
- Carry out specific projects, research and administration as required by the Management Team;
- Oversee IT set up and manage work of the IT Consultant and the General Manager’s objectives for IT (ensuring that all is done);
- Create and manage general business admin policies (including absence procedures, IT policy, etc.) as requested by General Manager;
- Perform monthly payroll and CPF processing, as well as annual IR8A submission
- Handle work passes issues such as application, cancellation, renewal, etc.
- Coordinate annual and bi-annual Staff performance appraisals
- Manage company insurance policies (together with Finance and suppliers);
- Assist with the establishment of the Club’s Bizsafe accreditations, or other accreditation bodies as the General Manager deems appropriate for the Club to join.
Company Secretarial matters:
- Manage nonprofit registration license;
- Management of all documentation collation for update on registration license.
- Any other administrative requirement to ensure complete registration and legal compliance as requested by the General Manager (working in liaison with Finance and other internal operations).
- At least 4-6 years progressively responsible experience in a secretarial role;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (other language skills are a benefit);
- Excellent word processing and IT skills;
- Typing speed of 100 wpm and audio typing proficiency;
- Honesty and reliability;
- The ability to work at his/her own initiative and to tight deadlines;
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle between a range of tasks and deadlines;
- An understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion;
- Strong administrative and personal assistant skills with an ability to work well in a fast paced environment, an effective planner with proven time management skills is necessary; attention to detail, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility with great team liaison skills;
- Experience working in an international environment preferred;
- This is a fulltime position, duo job options possible
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Salary commensurate in accordance to qualification and experience.
- Club Members and their families are excluded from applying for this position.
If you are keen to join our dynamic team, email your detailed CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.