The Hollandse School Limited requires a
Starting, 11th of January 2017, part time (1 day, 8 hours a week)
The Hollandse School Limited in Singapore is a Dutch preschool and primary school with a total of 400 students (70 preschool/340 primary school) and provides education to children of parents who work in Singapore. The board includes representatives of companies formed by the school which was founded in 1920.
The school’s mission: “The Hollandse School in Singapore wishes to be an exemplary school offering a combined Dutch and international curriculum, where children’s learning process is central. We are a school that embraces openness, respect and passion and where learning is fun. It provides a safe environment with a lot of individual attention so that our students live up to their full potential.”
The HSL focuses on ‘results oriented working’ appropriate to address educational needs of pupils. In addition to the basic subjects Language, Reading, Math and English, we work with the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) at HSL, which is taught in Dutch.
Structural cooperative learning (SCL) is applied school wide. There are specialist teachers for Physical Education, Music and English. There is also a Learning Support Centre with a full-time Special Educational Needs (SEN) coordinator, remedial teachers and a speech therapist.
Our students’ learning process is our central focus point. This includes our desire to continuously develop in order for our students’ learning to continue to grow.
For this job we seek an enthusiastic colleague who is willing to make a positive contribution to the development of HSL. Candidates must have the following profile:
- Teaching qualifications
- Experience in teaching to primary age students
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in primary education
- Native English or Dutch speaking
- Be able to work effectively with students, parents and colleagues
- Teaching music to all primary levels
- Developing music curriculum in close cooperation with the other music teacher and the management team
- Plan and conduct the music lessons
- To teach the lessons in Dutch or English
- Assessment of pupils on music competences
- Have good organizational skills
- To be a versatile, highly motivated, creative person
- Offer music related after school activities
- Maintain an organized classroom at all times
Furthermore we highly value candidates who have a passion for this wonderful profession and are always working to improve the learning experience of all students at HSL. A strong candidate must be a good team player, have excellent social and communication skills, be stress-tolerant, flexible and optimistic, and have a good sense of humour.
We offer the new staff member:
- The contract will commence from the date of employment until 24th of June 2017 with a possibility of renewal
- Transport allowance per working day
- Professional development opportunities
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Working days and hours are to be determined
Interested candidates may send their application to Mr Meino Meines, Principal HSL, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent passport photo
- Three referees with contact details
Closing date for this application is 8th of December 2016.
Only candidates who match the profile will be invited.
Interviews will be held on the 12th and 13th of December 2016.
- HSL Website: www.hollandseschool.org (School)
- IPC Website: www.internationalprimarycurriculum.com
SCL Website: www.rpcz.nl